Monday, September 29, 2008

Empire Waist Amy Butler/Joel Dewberry Dress

I've been DYING to make this gorgeous dress from my "Little Stitches for Little Ones" by Amy Butler. Of course the Joel Dewberry Damask arrived FIRST in my orders, and the matching "Ticking Stripe" fabric was the last to arrive - over a week later! Testing my patience!


Here's the final pics before Z tried it on - Made it in time for her to wear it to the wedding that Joel was in on the weekend just gone. Everyone was mighty impressed :D




Bit of a close-up of the bodice (which is fully lined!) There are splits in the sleeves, and a tie in the middle on the front (bit hard to see as it blends in) I made it in 9-12mnth size although it is going to fit for AGES still as the arm holes are quite large - she SHOULD fit it for as long as it fits over her head!



These are the matching bloomers from the same book in co-ordinating Ticking Stripe Fabric (also buy Joel Dewberry Manzanita collection)


Finally - here is a pic of Z before we went to the wedding on saturday wearing her new threads. As you can see it is HUGE on her. The bloomers fit pefectly though - even though they are also 9-12mnth size. She is scared of the grass hence the scared look on her face - LOL! Yes, I know she needs to grow some hair! :p Will look awesome once she is walking - which will *hopefully* be soon


1 comment:

Sarah-Jo said...

wow I love it its so unusual a real one of a kind item that everyone will be asking "where did you find it?"
and you can say proudly "oh I made it" :)

beautiful!