Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pink-ness & Craft Swapsies

A few very PINK things for a friend and her two gorgeous girls :)

I made some Booties awhile back (that I have already blogged) and made these matching bloomers from the Amy Butler "Little Stitches for Little Ones" from spotty fabrics with ruffles on the bum side to match the booties - also in 6-9mnth size. Hopefully the new owner loves them!


The front - Pink with white spots

The back - Ruffles with white Ric Rac


And here is the matching set - Bloomers with Booties - quite cute I think!

This is just a plain pastel pink singlet with some applique on the front. I designed the flowers myself, and was the first time I have appliqued onto something 'stretch' I think it is definetley a good idea and can spruce up boring tank tops for summer for girls (or boys!) Will be making some for Makaia & Zahli when I get some free time

Made this little ribbon flower accent for a bit of a 3d touch.. Quite effective I think!

I was involved in a craft swap on my favourite "crazy pram lady" forum and this is what arrived in the parcel for me on friday...

An 'organiser/portfolio' which has pads of paper, pens & pencils and 2 erasers and a pencil sharpener in the pocket. I LOVE it and it's perfect for all my noting and lists that seem to be lost all over the house and covered in Makaia drawings..
This is what it looks like closed with the brown satin ribbon...

And opened - Ta- Da!

Makaia has claimed it as hers - she is totally fascinated by the erasers as she has never used one before - I think she just keeps drawing pictures and rubbing them out again because of the novelty factor! Funny what amuses toddlers when they are almost 3 years old!

This is what I sent off to Perth for my craft swapee's Son who is similar age to Zahli (who is currently 10mnths)

I don't have any patterns for boys at all so made this cute military style cap from my "Little Stitches for Little Ones" book (Yes I adore this book and am slowly making everything in it)

I chose neutral browns/blacks and cream chequered fabric so hopefully will match lots of her son's outfits..

The lining was the same fabric but in cream so it matched perfectly. My 'stitch in the ditch' to join them together wasn't perfect but I'm hoping she won't notice too much!

Not sure if she has 'guessed' if it was me yet. Was supposed to be a surprise so did a good job of not letting on who/what I was sewing!

And finally here is a pic of our younger daughter, Zahli that we took yesterday - just because she is cute and I love her cheeky smile!

No comments: